Kinder helmets and uniforms

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
Well it has been slow around here, so I thought I would share with all of you a sideline to my Main pashion, Pickelhaube collecting, which is Kinder helmets and uniforms.

It always amazes me how high quality these items can be for kids!!

Just picked up the Garde De Corps helmet and Cuirass as well as the Saxon 133 helmet and tunic.

kinderstuff001.jpg

kinderstuff002.jpg

kinderstuff003.jpg

kinderstuff004.jpg

kinderstuff005.jpg

kinderstuff006.jpg

kinderstuff007.jpg

kinderstuff008.jpg

kinderstuff014.jpg

kinderstuff015.jpg

kinderstuff009.jpg

kinderstuff010.jpg

kinderstuff011.jpg

Here is a shot of a couple more Kinder helmets I have, a Prussian Cuirassier and French.
kinderstuff013.jpg

Last I wanted to show a picture giving you the idea on how small some of these sets are, here is one next to a full size Cuirass and helmet.
kinderstuff012.jpg

thanks

James

These are so detailed-I have to find the catalog that shows me how expensive they were as compared to the real thing. Most complete grouping I've ever seen-thanks! :D

Thanks guy's!

Russ- Kinder swords are great and not that uncommon, but finding the original belt and knot is very, very hard to do!! Would love to see pictures of it!

James

James,

Very niche collection! Those are some fantastic examples and thank you for sharing them!

John

James

You have a fantastic collection. you set the bar very high for some of us. Here are the photos.
my.php
[/url][/img]
my.php
[/url][/img]

Russ- thanks for the photo of the M89 Kinder sword, Again, cannot tell you enough how rare the kinder belt and Knot are, nice find!

James

Fantastic James!! As far as I am concerned, your kinder collection is a tribute to just how important the military connection was to these families. I wonder if the same thing existed with the British officer corps?? Has anyone out there got some examples of Brit militaria from the kinder niche?? There is a famous pic of a CEF officer and son outfitted in great coat and CEF visor cap like his Dad. Brian

Brian- good to hear from you.

Good question, I have seen Russian kinder outfits, and the lady I purchased many of these from has numerous Scottish Kinder outfits, so I would venture to guess yes, on British outfits!

James

Brian- did some research and in the book Wee Warriors and Playtime Patriots by Nancy Griffith, there are numerous examples of WWI period British and Australian kinder uniforms

James

Hey Boys,
I have even seen US kinder uniforms, although I doubt that they had the formal importance of the European Kinder uniforms.
Gus

An outstanding collection James! The kinder helmets & tunics are spectacular also. Congratulations on a superb collection!

I'll be at the Twin Cities Military Show @ the State Fairgrounds this weekend w/a small and humble display of hauben. Hope to see you there!

Best Regards,

Alan Schaefer

Alan- good to hear from you, been awhile!!

I am going to try and make it on Sunday, but to be honest, not looking good right now, I have some work conflicts.

I will do my best

James

James; Looks like I will miss you again as I will be at the fairgrounds show on saturday. I have a few things I want some opinions on [badges and a helmet that I'm refinishing].
].Sounds like there will be enough people there to talk with. Dick

Ok, James has a fantastic collection but I have to say that some of that stuff is mine or at least "halfsies" as he would call it. When I get deployed, James always steps up the plate to "keep my stuff in safe keeping" and I think that's great. But, although he has four to five times more collectibles then I, he seems to show my stuff in photo's. LOL, I have not been on the site in a few months and thought I should share some thoughts tonight.

One is, I have the best brother in the world. He takes care of everything for me when I get activated every three years and that’s a huge weight off me but a huge burden on him. Second, he takes care of my few great items that I have and it seems show them off. Who could be upset with that?

I have been so very fortunate to have met some of the premier people in the field of Pickelhauben and do you know what I have learned? It's that they care more about the preservation of the items then what they cost. I have so much more to say but will save that for a future time when I tell who has helped and what they have done with my modest but wonderful collection.

Best regards,

Paul

Back