Kinder Sabel and comparison with full size one. Information, comments, value estimates sought.

Marcus

I picked the Kinder Sabel up at an antique faire in Munich, Germany, in the winter of 1995.

The full size one is something I picked up, I no longer recall exactly where, back in the 1980's.

The little child sword is definitely patterned after the design of the real sword, which seems to have been a popular pattern for German swords.

The fullsize one is marked WEYERSBERG & STAMM SOLINGEN on the left side of the blade, and BUCHLER & (BALSNTZ or DALSNTZ ? it's hard to make out exactly) BUDAPEST on the right side.

Any information, comments and observations, and value estimates on both would be appreciated.

These have been a part of my collection for many years, now I figure it's time to pass them on to someone else who will appreciate and protect them, and sell them to raise funds for the dog and wolfdog rescue we run.

Please forgive the low quality of the photos, but they are the best I can do with my old and marginal little camera.

DSCN0710.JPGDSCN0713.JPGDSCN0716.JPGDSCN0717.JPGDSCN0719.JPGDSCN0720.JPGDSCN0721.JPGDSCN0722.JPGDSCN0723.JPGDSCN0724.JPGDSCN0725.JPG

Marcus,

Your swords are both Austro-Hungarian. The full size Infantry sword was made by the German maker Weyersburg & Stamm and retailed by the Budapest dealer marked on your blade. The Kindersabel appears to also be Austrian as some of these Austrian swords were brass rather than nickel plated. The scabbard also has a single fixed suspension ring as was common on Austrian swords.

I hope this information is helpful.

Back