Kinder Seitengewehr

SCHUPO

I thought I would show an example of the child's bayonet (Kinder Seitengewehr) that shows up from time to time. This is a minty bayonet and accouterments that are still on the original card. The little bayonet is an example of the S98/05 with an ersatz frog and a blue & white Bavarian Troddel along with a belt. Everything for the little German soldier.

These kiddie weapons are seldom seen.

Attachments

• Kinder bayonet.JPG
    Kinder bayonet.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Kinder bayonet close.JPG
    Kinder bayonet close.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
How great is that to find it in this original condition and its all there just like a EM bajonet

Regards

Jonas

Thank you for the comment Jonas. You might have also noticed that the riveted frog is distinctly Bavarian with a V shaped bottom to the brown pressed paper pocket. The blue & white Troddel made in Bavarian colors could approximate a NCO style knot.

I like these little child swords and edged weapons.

That is something I have never seen before....very cool. Amazing that the set has lasted in such perfect condition.

Ok so the feature with the distinctive v shape frogs is similar to the EM frogs ....that is something i did not notice before

Ok so the feature with the distinctive v shape frogs is similar to the EM frogs ....that is something i did not notice before.

Yes, never say never but generally speaking when you find a brown leather frog with a pointed bottom to the pocket it will be Bavarian. Not all Bavarian Seitengewehre had pointed frogs but pointed frogs are generally Bavarian if you get the distinction. Here is one for a KS98 style bayonet.

Attachments

• KS98 Bavarian frog.JPG
    KS98 Bavarian frog.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 17
Back