Kinder ulanka

Naprawiacz

Children's ulanka very richly decorated.Buttons fire-gilded.I have no idea what years it may come from.Any suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

• DSC05748.JPG
    DSC05748.JPG
    490.2 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC05750.JPG
    DSC05750.JPG
    905 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC05751.JPG
    DSC05751.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • DSC05752.JPG
    DSC05752.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • DSC05753.JPG
    DSC05753.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • DSC05754.JPG
    DSC05754.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
  • DSC05755.JPG
    DSC05755.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • DSC05757.JPG
    DSC05757.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
Very nice! Is this German? I am just wondering if that red insignia is from a different country.
El Corte Inglés was a small store on Calle Preciados in Madrid, on the corner of Calle Carmen and Calle Rompelanzas, dedicated to tailoring and sewing children's clothes, which was established in 1890 and enjoyed a certain prestige.Such uniforms were produced until 1930.

My guess would be some kind of Catholic religious order. But that is just a guess based of seeing many religious processions. Could be a member of a sacred order maybe guardian of a relic :unsure:

Certainly interesting (y)

My guess would be some kind of Catholic religious order. But that is just a guess based of seeing many religious processions. Could be a member of a sacred order maybe guardian of a relic :unsure:

Certainly interesting (y)
The Order of Santiago is a religious and military order founded in the 12th century. It owes its name to the patron saint of Spain, Santiago (St. James the Greater). Its original purpose was to protect pilgrims on the Way of St. James, the defense of Christianity and the removal of Muslim Moors from the Iberian Peninsula through the Reconquista. Admission was not limited solely to Spanish nobility, and some members were Catholic Europeans from other parts of Europe. The insignia of the Order are particularly recognizable and numerous in Western art.
With the culmination of the Reconquista and the death of the Grand Master Alonso de Cárdenas, the Catholic Monarchs incorporated the Order into the Spanish Crown, and the Pope Adrian VI forever united the office of Grand Master of Santiago to the Crown in 1523.

The First Republic suppressed the Order in 1873, but it was re-established in the Restoration as a nobiliary institute of honorable character. The Order was again supressed after the proclamation of the Second Republic in 1931. With the fall of the Republic and the re-establishment of the Monarchy, the Order of Santiago was definitely restored with the kingship of Juan Carlos I with the character of a nobiliary, honorable, and religious order; and remains as such.
Interestingly, women and children could also belong to the order.
Thank you John for your opinion.

Back