kokardes information

xplicito

Hallo

i have a question about the kokardes of a 1881 model. did they have only one kokarde, i am sure reading this in a post.

Thanks

As Thierry wrote, until 1897 there was only one cockade on the helmet. Only the small states, whose army was integrated into the Prussian army following the signing of the military agreement in the 1860s, wore two cockades on their helmets (the Prussian cockade and the state cockade of the small land) until this year.
I once wrote an article about cockades. Maybe this will help to answer your questions :)

Sandy,
As always your blog and posts provide great information for the collecting community. Thank you for your efforts to provide us with historical and accurate information concerning all things related to the Pickelhaube found in all the German States under Prussian organization pre and post 1871 unification.
Best regards
John

Sandy,
As always your blog and posts provide great information for the collecting community. Thank you for your efforts to provide us with historical and accurate information concerning all things related to the Pickelhaube found in all the German States under Prussian organization pre and post 1871 unification.
Best regards
John
That's too much honor John 🫥, I just try to keep up with you all. This forum is a wonderful source of information about pickelhauben and other uniform items and I'm constantly learning here too. But thanks anyway, I really appreciate your compliment 😇

Back