Krätzchen Kaiserzeit unworn

Wow - that is extraordinary. I have seen a fair number of unissued Feldgrau Krätzchen, but Dunkelblau in this condition is extremely rare!

I'm very happy if you like the hat. I got the piece with two other Feldgrauen Baden Krätzchen. I have never had a blue piece in such good condition before.
I don`t know how best to present something like this. Just put it in the display case or on a hat stand ? But then the folded look wouldn't be visible . Maybe one of the other collectors has a good idea. I am happy about any advice.

Best regards

First time for me to see an unissued field cap from more than 100 years ago, thanks for showing!
I would just leave it folded like that for display, with the cockades placed beside it. It's not really possible to show all the angles at one time I think, except taking high quality photos for the cap from all angles, so you can show others the pictures.

First time for me to see an unissued field cap from more than 100 years ago, thanks for showing!
I would just leave it folded like that for display, with the cockades placed beside it. It's not really possible to show all the angles at one time I think, except taking high quality photos for the cap from all angles, so you can show others the pictures.
Hello,
yes that would be the best way. I will try a display like that and show some pictures.
Thank you for your help.
Best regards

Could you please show us close up photos of the piping the band. Wondering about material structure.

My only concern is the machine sewn lining on pre war - dunkelblau krätzchen.
Machine sewing was used during the war, to speed up and improve production process. There are many examples of feldgrau pieces with machine sewn lining.

However before the war production was slow and more precise (no rush) linings were hand sewn.

The only sensible explanation might be that maybe the lining was replaced at some point?

Regards,
Milosz

Hello, are the cockades original to the cap? If so, they too are in remarkably good condition after more than 100 years.

Hello, here are more photos.
The light isn't ideal for it right now, but you should be able to see everything.
The lining was definitely not changed.It is originally sewn as is. The hat comes from a workshop find - there was a whole box full of unworn little ones. Mostly blue, but also a few field gray pieces. The cockades of this cap were found in the folded cap. They weren't sewn on, just inserted. You can somewhat see the marks from storage.The cockades also come from the manufacturer's inventory and are unworn. I got a lot of them, especially ones for pickelhaube. They were stored in paper boxes over the years. I have presented photos of it here in the forum.

Best regards

20240502_122255.jpg20240502_122258.jpg20240502_122317.jpg20240502_122426.jpg20240502_122431.jpg20240502_122458.jpg20240502_122601.jpg20240502_122612.jpg20240502_122703.jpg

Like fresh from the counter.
I also can't find anything negative.
The overall impression and details are well matched.
A great piece. Congratulations.

Just like this in a display case without any changes. That really is a good idea. Very nice.

Regards
Matthias

Back