Krieg Erinnerungen 1914-15

That ‘surprise chest open’ photo Zebedeus might be the best photo I’ve seen on the Forum this year. Wonderful! Can you show more?

Very cool! But I feel very stupid asking this, how can you tell it is an ulhan plate and not just a regular line infantry plate?

Very cool! But I feel very stupid asking this, how can you tell it is an ulhan plate and not just a regular line infantry plate?
There are no stupid questions in this hobby. Look at the vertical tail feathers Zebedeus posted in #34 which indicates a mounted officer.

I have to disagree with posting #37. Only on officer's Tschako are Prussian officer Wappen always smaller at 95mm. On officer Ulanen Tschapka the Prussian eagles are (usually) a standard 115mm size, but with vertical tail feathers. At least that's been my experience. Keep posting please Zebedeus.

Last edited:
There are no stupid questions in this hobby. Look at the vertical tail feathers Zebedeus posted in #34 which indicates a mounted officer.

I have to disagree with posting #37. Only on officer's Tschako are Prussian officer Wappen always smaller at 95mm. On officer Ulanen Tschapka the Prussian eagles are (usually) a standard 115mm size, but with vertical tail feathers. At least that's been my experience. Keep posting please Zebedeus.
Tony
You are correct
I was thinking of enlisted men's plates
This is an officer
also I think of the Garde Uhlan regiments 1 ; 2 & 3 where I think the eagles are smaller
than the Infantry & Artillery officers front plates including the size of the Garde stars
Steve

Back