KÜRASSIER Rgt. 7 Seydlitz

Tomitchoe

hi guys,

an interesting uniform of the KÜRASSIER Rgt. 7 Seydlitz.
any thoughts on the shoulder Straps. It seems weird to me but i could be wrong ?

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150300063895&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

greetz
Tom

I'm one of the least knowledgeable people here, but that uniform looks to me like it was manufactured yesterday!

I have about the same thought. All my reference books say to me stay away... :-x

theres to many things that make me doubt this uniform...

It is an incredibly nice, totally correct private purchase M 1907/10 waffenrock for an Unteroffizier of K.R.7.

Regards

Dave

dave mosher said:
It is an incredibly nice, totally correct private purchase M 1907/10 waffenrock for an Unteroffizier of K.R.7.

Eh? Then what is with the straps? It appears to be completely legitimate, but as you know Dave, the M10 Kürassier straps were Feldgrau, piped in
Regimental colors with a thin white piping between the Regimental colour and the straps. Numbers and cyphers were in red. So for KR7, there should be yellow piping around the white, and a red 7.

Although blank is correct for Garde, the two Garde Regts had red or blue piping around the white. So they are not "added" Garde straps. So they look real, but what?

I am stumped. And personally, if I don't know what it is, I don't buy it. Tony

Tony

You are right on the straps...but I have seen (and own) much stranger anomolies on private purchase tunics so I still believe it is a totally legitimate piece.

Dave

dave mosher said:

Regards

Dave

See, I said I wasn't very knowledgeable! I just find it amazing that something that old could possibly look that new. It must have never been worn and was carefully packed away all these years.

The straps are certainly incorrect for this unit. However, the gray material appears to be a match for the tunic.

Chip

The tunic is now in a french collection.
The maker was Wilhelm Voigt, Magdeburg, the owner Wegener V.W. Kür7
I got recently somes pictures of Vizewachtmeister Wegener Schweres Reserve-Reiter-Regiment Nr.1 3.Eskadron
See here http://www.kuerassier.de/id241.htm

May be thats the reason for the straps. The Schweres Reserve-Reiter-Regiment Nr.1 was founded in Halberstadt from the 7.Kürassierregiment with the same uniform.

Back