Kugelhelm and ID Tags?

Redlegwolf

Hello everyone:

I found this kugelhelm and these tags, and before I commit to another purchase figured I would rely on the expertise of the members of this forum. What make you all of the marks, do you think the tags could be associated with the helmet, and what do you think a fair price would be for this as they are asking $700, so I mean to counter-offer.

F.A.R. 26 (26 Field Artillery Regiment). Original owner's name is written on a paper label. Various markings; H. Clemen on the brass peakmount, ink stamps, F.A.R. 26 and unit numbers. -- So, should be out of Hannover as I am tracking

I know nothing about identity disks. However, that tag did not look normal. This helmet would have to be very very cheap for me to even consider it. It looks like somebody nailed it to a wall.

On another note – are you still deployed? Somebody has to guard the walls while I enjoy the Christmas holidays so regardless of where you are overseas or stateside thank you for what you do for me. When I was young the Lord our God my creator put an artilleryman in place to ride at my back. He stayed there my entire career. I remember one night when he drove all day and all night as his howitzers were far slower than my tanks. In the morning, everything was perfect and in place. My friend was a little bit worse for wear. God bless you for all you do.

joerookery said:
I know nothing about identity disks. However, that tag did not look normal. This helmet would have to be very very cheap for me to even consider it. It looks like somebody nailed it to a wall.

On another note – are you still deployed? Somebody has to guard the walls while I enjoy the Christmas holidays so regardless of where you are overseas or stateside thank you for what you do for me. When I was young the Lord our God my creator put an artilleryman in place to ride at my back. He stayed there my entire career. I remember one night when he drove all day and all night as his howitzers were far slower than my tanks. In the morning, everything was perfect and in place. My friend was a little bit worse for wear. God bless you for all you do.

As a former tanker AND Redleg, I can honestly echo what Joe has said. Also, Joe, that's the kindest tribute I've ever heard to the artillery, thank you! I certainly enjoyed being on the Abrams and Paladin.

:D Ron

Nice markings and condition but not worth $700. If complete and I mean original kokarden, chin strap and wappen then OK but not as it is. Figure in at least $200 (repro strap) to complete this. If you put an original strap on it....$450 in extra costs. There is also the unknown factor of finding a wappen that fits plus you could buy an original chin strap and find that it does not fit over your M91 side posts. Things to consider......

I appreciate the feedback; but more so the kind words. I definitely thought 700 was unreasonable. I'm actually home, and PCSed to back down to Fort Sill to instruct Lieutenants in Fire Support now; so it will be nice to have a Christmas stateside.

On a side note, I'm going to try and see if the Army won't let me free for the Show of Shows this year. It would be nice to put to some faces to the names.

All the best,
Wolf

Back