KuK Kriegsmarine

Gustaf

Staff member
I think the recent flooding has caused me to think about the Navies of the world, I recently bought a KuK Kriegsmarine Kappe off ebay, it is on its way from Germany right now. I passed an Austrian Marine uniform a few years ago because I had not seen a Kappe for sale. This one recently came up for sale and I managed to win the bid,

Shortly after I found this one, I found another for much more money. The first has an interesting tally and the Abzeichen of an Unteroffizer. I then found a grouping of two jumpers, a jacket, three collars and a neck scarf, and managed to acquire that. The jumpers ore for a seamn, so the Abzeichen is not correct, but I ham chasing a Manschaften Abzeichen on ebay at the moment. It is interesting that after seeing nothing for years, everything fell into place in a matter of weeks on this one. The grouping is coming from the grandson of the seaman, along with copies of photos and information on the seaman and his ship.
This is not the first time this has happened, just a few weeks ago, I had the same thing happen with a British uniform, which is still playing out with the shipment of a set of blues from Blighty that are scheduled to arrive soon. And a few years ago, I managed to find a USMC tunic, trousers and hat all with in a weeks time after looking for over a year and not seeing any thing.

Just a matter of luck i guess
The luck is on your side on this grouping :bravo:
Must be a very nice ensemble only judging on the cap

Jonas

kaiser said:
Just a matter of luck i guess
The luck is on your side on this grouping :bravo:
Must be a very nice ensemble only judging on the cap

Jonas

The Kappe is not part of the grouping, but will be added to it for display. I will try to find the correct tally for the Kappe when I find out which ship the unform belons to.

The cap arrived today

I was lucky enough to find a grouping of uniform bits that belonged to a seaman who served on the S.M.S. Erzh. Franz Ferdinand to go with the cap. The cap has the badge of an unteroffizier, but I manage to find a badge for Matrosen to replace it. I am not sure what I am going to do about the tally, I do not thnk I will ever change it, but I would like to find one to go with the uniform. In the photos of the seaman show him with a K.u.K. Kriegsmarine tally, and that is one I can find.

The uniform arrived today, and I was able to find the correct Abzeichen for the Kappe as well.

J.LeBrasseur said:
Pretty cool Gus!

James

Even Paul is jealous! Austrian uniforms are not easy to find, and most have no history, now all I need is a SMS Ezrh. Franz Ferdinand Kappe Band.

Back