Landsturm?

drakegoodman

Nothing on reverse.

Three Landsturm battalions came out of Braunsberg, but no mention of a 102nd, and what about those collar dogs :) :

1. Ldst.-I.-Btl. Braunsberg (XX. 10) - Deployed to Lithuania

2. Ldst.-I.-Btl. Braunsberg (XX. 11) - Became 20th L.I.R.

3. Ldst.-I.-Btl. Braunsberg (XX. 21) - Remained inside Germany

4165135378_05779b4463_b.jpg

Original size

This is a strange deal. I have been looking without anything definitive. I am pretty sure it is not XX 21. I cannot see the collar dogs -- could you post a close up? I think it is XX 11. I really do not know what the abbreviation ARM is does anyone?

Very cool picture and an especially nice doll! :knob: :knob:

Joe - if you click the link underneath the preview picture, you will be taken to the image in glorious 3248 x 2064 resolution.

Most dogs are "102", but there are at least two fellows who have a "12" on their collars.

I'd kinda like the toy Dachshund myself ;)

My thought on the two boys with 12 on their collars, I think they were short of "0"s, notice how the numbers are spaced apart, with room for the "0" when they get them.
Best wishes
Gus
ps cool doll

Joe - if you click the link underneath the preview picture, you will be taken to the image in glorious 3248 x 2064 resolution.

'gawd!

I think Gus maybe the right. I am still trying to find out what unit it is.

joerookery said:
'gawd!

I think Gus maybe the right. I am still trying to find out what unit it is.

Oh no! Is the world coming to an end, just proves taht even a blind hog can find a truffle sometimes

I really do not know what the abbreviation ARM is does anyone?

"Arm" stands for Armierungs Bataillon, Joe, or a Construction Battalion, guys who were digging trenches , Stollen, and who constructed masonry shelters and later on concrete bunkers, etc. Like engineers.
These guys did this often under fire! I have seen quite some graves with "Arm. Bat." along the Western Front.

For whom, who is still interested:
Another inscription of a Bavarian Armierungsbataillon, which I found this year on the "Azannes I Deutscher Soldatenfriedhof", "behind the German"lines , nort-east of Verdun.
In a couple of weeks I will launch a photo page about German cemeteries in this front sector.
xely10.jpg

Back