Latest Kinder Garde helmet

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
As some of you know I also collect Kinder helmets and uniforms.

Just picked up another Garde Du Corps kinder helmet, and I am amazed at how differant it is from my other one.

The new one is on the right.

It is amazing how many makers of these helmets we see, and the qaulity.

Out of all my kinder helmets, this is the first one I have seen with real chinscales, maybe added later but they have the look of being there for a long time.

Sorry for the pictures, usually to cold to go and take them, today it is 90's and extremely humid out, so this is what I could do.

Enjoy

James

KinderGardehelms001.jpg

KinderGardehelms002.jpg

KinderGardehelms003.jpg

KinderGardehelms004.jpg

KinderGardehelms005.jpg

KinderGardehelms006.jpg

KinderGardehelms007.jpg

hey James,
Those are really cool, I wonder how many Kinderhelmen preceded the real thing.
Best
Gus

Hi James,

That's really cool! Congratulations on adding another rare & really nice "bird" to your collection with this great kinder helm. Thanks for showing us the side-by-side comparison of the two pieces, that's great! =D>

All the Best,

Alan

those are super! I have some kid's helmets as well, but they're US (tin hats, paper mache, plastic, etc)...

My guess would be that the holes in the plate once held a bandau.

:D Ron

Just an observation James and in no way am I trying to depricate the helmet which is an excellent piece. It seems to me that the scales are too small. They are seperated and stick out in the pics which generally indicates them being really stretched to fasten around the front of the shell. Are they flat scales? For the rest of you collectors out there in cyber space, if you see this on an officer helme or any other helmet, it would indicate that the scales have been replaced. Why would any officer be walking around with his chin scales sticking out like a porcupines' quills? You are very lucky James to have 2 pieces for quality comparison. Again, we see as with private purchase hauben...if you had the bucks, you could go for the "executive haube". If you were of more modest means, then they had that covered too. All the best, B

Back