Laundry list of parts.

USN

Hello all, I have a few projects id like to attempt to finish before the holidays while I still have the funds! I am in the market for M15 fittings and a rear visor to match my M15 wurttemburg project helmet, a M95 bavarian wappen to go with a bing helmet and officers chinscales to fit my Prussian officers pickelhaube. As always I am also looking for items from the 25th dragoons for the rank of rittmeister. I will include photos of each project in order of their listing here.
20211030_175758.jpg
20211030_175908.jpg
20211030_175812.jpg

I have some original rear visors but it would help if there is a size stamp in the helmet or if you could measure your shell. Something I did for many years........ I traced visors and made templates before stitching them back on. I also marked the size of the helmet on them when it was visible in the helmet shell. 😊 Even so, there are no guarantees with 100+ year old leather. Spines are the hardest pieces to find a proper size and fit. You can have 12 spares and none will fit your helmet.

I have some original rear visors but it would help if there is a size stamp in the helmet or if you could measure your shell. Something I did for many years........ I traced visors and made templates before stitching them back on. I also marked the size of the helmet on them when it was visible in the helmet shell. 😊 Even so, there are no guarantees with 100+ year old leather. Spines are the hardest pieces to find a proper size and fit. You can have 12 spares and none will fit your helmet.
Tell me about it !!!

I will take some measurements and post them here, I have to say I've been pretty lucky with my restorations and have only ever had those problems with visor trim haha

The inside of the helmet is 21in around and measuring the rear of the M15 from the first stitch hole of the rear visor to the last is 9in

Last edited:
And from the rear hole of the spike base to the bottom of the helmet is 5in

Last edited:
The Prussian officers pickelhaube is 11in from each attachment point for the chinscales measuring around the front of the helmet and the bing helmet is about 2.75 in from center to center of each slit for the wappen

Last edited:
Back