Leib Husaren Pelzmutze

Lurch Adams

Hello,

I am most pleased to share my latest acquisition. Just came in today. "2. Leib-Husaren-Regt. Königin Viktoria von Preußen Nr.2
(Danzig/Langfuhr) XVII Armee Korps". Identified with the help from Tony & Kaiser's site.

Dated 1915 or 16'.

Happy to post more photos if anyone is interested.

What does 1.4. mean?

The search begins for a matching wartime attila.

Christopher

DSCN0086.jpg

DSCN0105.jpg

DSCN0097.jpg

DSCN0099.jpg

DSCN0102.jpg

DSCN0103.jpg

DSCN0087.jpg

DSCN0088.jpg

DSCN0089.jpg

DSCN0091.jpg

DSCN0094.jpg

DSCN0092.jpg

Chris

I will take a stab at the marks -- first the maker's Mark. This must have been a very large company- we have several types of marks from this maker all significantly different but the third one which is off an M15 Ulan seems to be identical to yours.
Maury.jpg

I do not know why it has that Bekleidungsamt Mark. Is that stamped on the liner? That might explain it. I am not a big fan of that white mark though I have never seen one from this outfit. My thought is that the one and four stands for squadron and troop. I have seen the letter "B" once previously but do not know what it means.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your help. Don't mean to sound ignorant, but what is a "Bekleidungsamt Mark"? Also, is this an enlisted man's or an officer's?

Christopher

Don't mean to sound ignorant,
Chris you are not ignorant!! The dumb ones are those who do not ask -- you not only ask but you take action when required -- my hat is off to you.

The basics of these marks is covered in this article:
http://www.pickelhauben.net/articles/DepotMarks.htm

Read this and you will get the general gist of the Bekleidungsamt marks. You can access our example listings of marks through the splash page at:
http://www.pickelhauben.net/comments.htm

Hope this helps -- I really know nothing about Busby's but this is an enlisted one. Private purchase helmets in general had no unit markings.

Back