Leib-Kurassier Enlisted Cuirass

cptbob

My Leib-Kurassier helm has a new best friend. I bought this on the same auction as the shabraque. That was an expensive day! But well worth it. The breast plate did not have the LK trophy, but it does have 4 holes drilled for it. Luckily the trophy I have on the ringkragen fits it perfectly. The 4 screws line up exactly. There are markings on both shoulders (makers mark, size and ??). Also a unit mark on the left side under the arm. (K.1. 3.38.) Inside there are stamps on the liner (either 2 38's or a 3E and a 38). The piece of cloth sewn on there seems to be to cover these marks (it's not patching a hole). IMG_9954.JPG
IMG_9955.JPG
IMG_9956.JPG
IMG_9957.JPG
IMG_9959.JPG

With the trophy

IMG_9961.JPG

The back-plate.....(What the heck is this tin man doing in the house dad??!!!)

IMG_9962.JPG

The shell is unit marked (K.1. 5.110.)

IMG_9966.JPG

Very interesting stamps on the interior and a pretty cool name tag
IMG_9967.JPG
IMG_9969.JPG

Wow!

That's quite an impressive grouping. It's not very often that you see one with the liner intact.

Given the social standing required to be a member of such an exclusive regiment the name should be traceable?

You lucky devil! I am so envious! I am very happy that it has gone to a good home and a matching helmet!

John

It's amazing that the ringkragen (my vocabulary word for the day) fit perfectly. Beautiful and rare set. Congratulations.
Mark D.

Thank you everyone for all the kind words. It has indeed found good home and will be a treasured piece. I'm looking forward to building a mount to display them on!
Cheers! Bob

Back