Leib-Kurassier Mannschaft

Very nice indeed! This is on my 'want but will never find' list. :wink: My cousin lives in Wroclaw (Breslau). Next time we go, I'll ask her if the Kasserne is still standing (Wroclaw was knocked on it's butt during WWII like most Polish cities). It will be fun to go back to the home of the 1st K. :)

:D Ron

Nice. I have a M1915 Leib-Kuirassier EMs helmet being restored at the moment.

Yours is much better though. What amazing condition.

Thank you for your comments gents.

Adler,
He he …yeah well ,as a Belgian collector ,I have a reputation to keep up. :-"

Ron, when you go back, you should look for this atelier. :wink:
Oh and …never say never…sometimes collectors decide to quit, a few years ago, I have seen an impressive WWII collection up for sale because of a divorce.

:thumb up: :thumb up: :thumb up: picture;

Beam me back Fritz.

I'm sure we can arrange something for a few bottles of Schnaps...

Francis

poniatowski said:
Very nice indeed! This is on my 'want but will never find' list. :wink: My cousin lives in Wroclaw (Breslau). Next time we go, I'll ask her if the Kasserne is still standing (Wroclaw was knocked on it's butt during WWII like most Polish cities). It will be fun to go back to the home of the 1st K. :)

Most buildings are still there, used by the polish Police and not possible to visit. I have been there last sommer.

Went to Ludwigslust-Parchim-Demmin and Pasewalk last summer. Great to visit the old barracks and stables.

I wonder if the old Leibhusaren Kasernen in Danzig/Gdansk are still there ?

Is there a Cavalry Museum in Poland ?

Thank you,
Francis

Agreed, GREAT photo! Thanks for the info on the Kasserne... I personally do not know if there's a cavalry museum in Poland. I've only been to Wroclaw, Gdansk (Nice 1942 T-34/76 there) and Grudzianz (an Uhlan city) with some driving / trains in between.

Yes, one never knows which helmets will turn up, but ten of these could come on the market tomorrow and I'd have to let them pass for now. No big deal though!

chinstrap said:
Great photo. I love the wee guy on the right playing the fool with the helmet on sideways.

Patrick

Yeah,they had no clue their pots would later become so desirable.

What a great helmet, Ed. Lucky you. I have never been able to find a correct one and I really would like to (although I have the officer version).
Congratulations!
Bruno

Excellent Ed, an extremely rare beast!! I also love those pics from the actual haube manufacturer,,,,very hard to find.

Back