Lieb Kurassier Nr 1 Heavy Metal

JohnM

Hey guys! Posting lots of new stuff today! Finally had some time off from work!

Enjoy!

John

June2108025.jpg

June2108024.jpg

Absolutely fantastic. I cannot even find a Line regt Küraß and you found one for the Leib-Kürassier. With a helmet. Amazing. :love10:

Spectacular John!! Warm congratulations.
Can you tell me how the emblem is affixed to the front plate of the cuirass: how many holes, round or rectangular?
Many thanks,
Bruno

Thank you Tony and Bruno for the nice comments.

Bruno,

Your answer is 3 holes and round with square nuts. Looks like there was a spare hole under the emblem drilled for something at some point.

The emblem does not look like it has come off in a while.

John

June2108054.jpg

Uncle John! You have some nice new toys very nice new toys -- very expensive very nice new toys! I am certainly glad we established that I was your nephew. Some of these non-relatives may like some of these but I'm sure you'll keep them in the family. Your nephew -- Joe

My Dear Nephew Joe,

You are my 2nd most favored nephew...right behind Jack! Afraid he gets first dibs! :D

June2108002.jpg

Bruno,

Some independent confirmation of the fact that the wappen mounting on the Kuirass. Check out the Leib-Kurassier Ringkragen on Weitze's web site. Item # 32266. It has 4 screwposts in the same pattern as mine. I guess the lower screwpost on my wappen was broken off at some point.

John

I have no doubt at all regarding the originality of your cuirass John, but I have one myself which is excellent and complete, including the full padding, but it has three holes on the front, in a triangle, and I would like to know what emblem used to be there. The soldier's label is still sewn on the padding but unfortunately it only says "Kurassier X..." and a Wappen number.
Bruno

Full padding! Wow! I have never had any luck on getting the padding.

I was never sure if they used the same wappen for the Ringkragen and the cuirass. I was assuming the 4 mounts on a Ringkragen would be a bit of overkill. We can maybe surmise that if we look at the back of over Ringkragen we might see a pattern that matches yours.

John

Back