Lieb Kurassier Regt. Grosser Kurfurst (Schelesisches) Nr.1 EM

JohnM

Folks,

For your entertainment, here is my KR1 grouping complete with cuirass.

I am fortunate to have both the M1894 and the M1889 helmets so here are both.

Enjoy,

John

Great Leib Kurassier Konvolut! Surprisingly, the 1889 helmet looks more "modern" than the 1894 model: flatter top, more vertical lobster tail... is it dated?

Thank you for all the kind words gentlemen. I had hoped you would enjoy the ensemble. It is now one of my favorites!

I have the matching KR1 cartouche but having a devil of a time finding the bandolier. Guess, I will keep up my quest.

Bruno,

I also like the look of the M1889. It reminds me of a Lachmann. There are no manufacturer or date stamps on the shell. The only markings I have been able to find are, LK regiment stamp under the left cockade/chinscale, a small "4E" and a "18" which I assume are squadron and a property number. The helmet has a thin brown leather lobstertail covering which I found interesting. I suspect that to protect the koller collar from this particular design. In addition this wappen seems to be a single stamped plate (however I can't be 100% sure as I cannot remove the wappen for fear of breaking the posts). The M1896 has a soldered on scroll making it a 2 piece design.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jof8Dk]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jogjDa]

John

Some period artwork of those bad boys in action during the Franco-Prussian war. Don't think I would want to be an infantryman see them riding down on me!

leibk3.jpg
leibk2.jpg

Many items were collected after the war on the battlefield illustrated above (Poupry-Loigny). Now exhibited in a museum. Worth a visit if you are traveling by. Not far from Paris.

gegedu28_gege_du_28150479640306_gros.png

Hi John, superb ensemble !! love it =D>
Definitely my favorite among the curassiers
I've only got the helmet and keep searching for the rest.....hopefully one day... :D

Back