Lippe?

wihu61

How does this one look (put together ?)
If OK this would be quite rare I believe (Lippe)
The bandeau reads "Koenig'', I believe this is correct...:???:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200608324865&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:de#ht_500wt_1156

Yes Lippe and rare. Looks original in the fotos but I would want to have it in my hands to really look at things. The Lippe kokarde looks quite bright to me.

This is a Infantry Rgt Nr 55 Officers helmet but.....

Doesn't this look strange to you guys? Officer liner, officer Kokardes, voided wappen and quality chin scales but no officer star mounts on the spike base and the pearl ring is absent. Looks fishy to me, pieced together helmet possibly. Also the star order looks a little rounded and bubbly.

Just doesn't add up.

There´s somethíng wrong with this helmet. Fuerstentum Lippe-Detmold Pickelhauben do not have the "Koenig" bandeau but the "Fuerst" one!! (Larcade Tome I, page 81).
Fürst Alexander was the " Regent" of this Fürstentum, till he died 13.01.1905. He was the last male member of this Fürst dynasty.
On the 25.10 1905 Grafregent Leopold took this regency over under the name Fuerst Leopold IV. It was all over with this Fuerstentum on November 1918.

However I found a picture of an Offizier helmet from the IR55 in the Joachim Hilsenbeck book " Offiziershelme aus der Kaiserzeit 1870-1918".
The plate seems to wear the "Koenig" bandeau... :eek:
But the "lippische Rose" ist gilt and not silver...

So I am thinking this helmet was worn by the Gendarmerie from Lippe from 19.08.1898 till 30.05.1912, because of the silver Rose. (Larcade Tome I, page 81).

Cheers,
Philippe :salute:

Back