looks like a scam....

Pontiac9999

Original looking officer helmet for $200 from India? And only one feedback?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWI-GERMAN-PRUSSIAN-PICKELHAUBE-HELMET-BRASS-ACCENTS-IMPERIAL-OFFICER-SPIKE-HELM-/121865990876?hash=item1c5fc772dc:g:ZyIAAOSwLnlWmLf8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:-k :-k I would agree that the helmet being shown is an original, but doubt very much if the Indian 'steel painted black' helmet will look anything like it. The dealer does openly state that they make replicas, but I would highly doubt that their replicas are anywhere near the appearance of the photo. In the US that's called 'bait and switch' and is illegal. I don't know about elsewhere.
Something doth smell of rotten curried fish.

:D Ron

gunner cooper said:
pity the poor sucker when he opens the box from India, wont look the same me thinks. if it does we may all be in trouble! :eek:

Exactly what I was thinking. The day the replica makers can make their stuff look this good, we are screwed! :D

Yes an original upon which their copies are based. Fortunately, they have no clue as yet about the poor quality of their repros.

b.loree said:
Yes an original upon which their copies are based. Fortunately, they have no clue as yet about the poor quality of their repros.

:-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ Let's not tell them. :wink:

:D Ron

No, I do not intend to get into specifics as to why their copies are so hideous. I have often thought that fakers probably troll this site looking for comments which will help them in their criminal activities.

Back