Loss of a Forum member, my brother

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
Sadly my brother and fellow collector passed away on Wednesday, I am posting my brother's Obituary as he was quite the Patriot and human being.

James

Paul David LeBrasseur was born on November 27, 1960 in Willmar, Minnesota to Donald and Kathryn (LeRoy) LeBrasseur. The family lived in Willmar until 1967, and moved to Superior, Wisconsin for 8 years, before moving to Fairbanks, Alaska, where Paul graduated from high school. Paul moved back to Minnesota to attend the University of Minnesota where he earned a bachelor’s degree in Personnel Management.
Paul joined the US Navy and had five tours of duty. Three tours were during the Gulf War where he served as a helicopter pilot flying off a frigate. He had one tour in Guantanamo Bay and the last as Provost Marshall in Kuwait. He retired from 20 years of service at the rank of Captain. Paul worked for Homeland Security as an ICE Agent in Minneapolis and retired in 2016.
Paul enjoyed Boy Scouts and had achieved the rank of Life Scout. He also enjoyed hunting, music, snowmobiling, motorcycles, gaming and spending time with his family. Paul will be remembered for his love of his dogs, Di and Jade, and his generosity to his family and friends. He readily shared his home and his assets to friends in need.
Paul had a heart attack and died on Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at his home in Lakeville, MN at the age of 58. He is survived by his mother, Kathryn LeBrasseur of Alexandria; brother, James (Lori) LeBrasseur of Alexandria; nieces, Tara (Phil) Pham and Kate LeBrasseur; nephew, Eric LeBrasseur; many aunts, uncles and cousins; and his dog/partner Jade. Paul is preceded in death by his father, Donald and his beloved dog of 21 years, Dionysius.

My condolecenses , your brother passed away way too soon..
I wish you, and your family strength and courage carrying this loss.

Coert.

My sincere condolences. Myself, I lost my stepfather and father-in-law this year.
It is really a sad year :(

He was obviously a great family man and a man with a wonderful service career in the Navy. He passed way too soon. God bless.

James: Most times I have no problem expressing my thoughts but this loss of Paul is so shocking, so unimaginable, we were all together as usual, having fun at the SOS in February, now this and he is gone! Whenever I think of this I just shake my head in disbelief, life can be so cruel sometimes. Caron and I extend our deepest condolences to you, Lori and your family in this time of grief. I am so sorry that this has happened.

Shocking and devastating. Paul was always so helpful and friendly to me. I can only offer my condolences to your family James. RIP Paul you will be sorely missed.

James, I echo Brian's sentiments. While I never had long deep conversations with Paul at SOS I always enjoyed chatting with him. He will truly be missed. The world is diminished by his departure from it.

My condolences. It was my first time meeting with Paul at 2019 SOS. Didn't know that it would be last time.

Stay strong.

Back