Lost Skeleton Reboot

Lost Skeleton

My latest find is SmugMug. Though I am loathe to endorse a product during a free trial, I have been extremely impressed with the interface and customer care. They don't know me from Adam, but I have been greatly assisted by Heather, a SmugMug "support hero," via email. There is no annoying pop-up advertising, and the company (family owned since 2002) is headquartered in Mountain View, California. In future, the links I will share will be Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (unlike Photobucket's HTTP links). At the end of my trial, I intend to subscribe to the Basic Plan, which will fulfill all my requirements for $3.99/month when billed annually.

For my initial test, I am sharing three "oldies but goodies." These were once part of my Photobucket library, which has since been deleted. They also demonstrate that quality images don't have to be megabytes in size. None of the following photos is larger than 94KB. I have always resized my photos using the Photoshop Elements "save for web" feature.

M1915 Baden Officer's Pickelhaube:

i-FXFKJH3-X2.jpg

Officer's Tschako — Schaumburg-Lippe:

i-4BPFCcq-XL.jpg

Officer's winter Pickelhaube — East Asian Brigade:

i-TN9CJBH-X2.jpg

It's good to be back in action!

Chas

Sorry Chas. No images.

If this won't work and you throw in the towel, you know I patiently wait for your M1915 Baden Officer....

At any rate, possibly just a code issue I am sure you will figure out.

That's odd. I even logged out to view the photos as a guest, and they were there. Evidently, I need to revisit my privacy settings.

There is quallity to be found in your collection by looking to these helmets
Aspessialy the last one is a very nice one ,wish i had one of these in my collection :wink: :wink:

Jonas

kaiser said:
There is quallity to be found in your collection by looking to these helmets
Aspessialy the last one is a very nice one ,wish i had one of these in my collection :wink: :wink:

Jonas

I have agree, it I could only have one helmet that would be the one.

Thank you for the positive comments on the Ostasiatische Expeditionskorps winter uniform Pickelhaube. Below are additional photos. This specimen is Kammer stamped B. A. O. (Bekleidungs-Amt-Ostasien, and the 1901 date places it within the historical context of the China Relief Expedition. The manufacturer's stamp in the dome is A. Wunderlich N. BERLIN.

I would love to find an original metal screw cover for the ventilation hole on top.

i-JH9Ztgg-L.jpg

i-XJpZ6Xz-X2.jpg

i-MjSbhgF-M.jpg

i-D76FXWd-M.jpg

Chas

Chas: Great to have you back with us! I have also joined SmugMug courtesy of my son Logan, who upon my request, suggested this host. I had absolutely no troubles...went through the free period and then signed on. Others have had sizing problems with other alternate sites but SM makes it easy to choose you size, in my case large. I am very impressed with SM, no pop ups, and no problems so far. :thumb up: Our forum will recover from the PB piracy!!

Back