Lots of reservist cross badges lately

Bungo

Is it just me, or does it seem like there are a whole lot more pickelhauben for sale on ebay lately with reservist crosses on them?

A year ago, they were very few and far between. In the last 1-2 months, it seems like every 3rd or 4th genuine-looking pickelhaube has a cross badge on the wappen. Including for the rarer duchies and principalities, like Hanseatic states.

Is it my suspicious mind thinking there a factory somewhere churning these crosses out lately, or is it just a coincidence? It seems unlikely that there are so many suddenly turning up all at once.

Anyone else noticed this?

Cheers,

Bungo

I am suspicious of that Saxon Reservist OR helme on Ebay right now. The starburst looks ok but the cross and shield look too bright. They do not match the patina on the star. It is nicely marked though to JR 103 I believe.

Fortunately, there are still nice ones around:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VEND-TRES-BEAU-CASQUE-A-POINTE-AVEC-UNE-CROIX-DE-FER-100-100-ORIGINE-/190951059340?pt=FR_JG_Collections_Militaria_Uniformes&hash=item2c7591ef8c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bungo said:
Is it my suspicious mind thinking there a factory somewhere churning these crosses out lately, or is it just a coincidence? It seems unlikely that there are so many suddenly turning up all at once.

That would be India....

Regards,

Edwin

edwin said:
Bungo said:

That would be India....

Regards,

Edwin
That would be the one's you recognize at once! I think Poland (and up!)copy's are far more dangerous!!
cheers
|<ris

stuka f said:
edwin said:
Bungo said:

That would be India....

Regards,

Edwin
That would be the one's you recognize at once! I think Poland (and up!)copy's are far more dangerous!!
cheers
|<ris

Scarily true. The shiny, mis-shapen, glossy Indian reproductions stand out a mile off, it's the more plausible ones I'm noticing lately.

Back