M 15 Line Kurassiers

RON said:
You're right Ed, that one has been there for a while although with almost all its grey paint gone...

I always wonder why they don't mention or at least try to fix those discrepancies, especially when their asking prices are higher than most other dealers, and that's before taxes! [-(

My thoughts exactly

Spiker said:
Indeed Ron ,there are no period pictures known to me with an M 15 being equipped with the infantry spike ,although Weitze is selling a Lachmann like that. :twisted:

I bought mine from Joe Walters back in the late 1970's, I think it was around $250 or so and was my first Kurassier helmet. I didn't know spikes from spikes back then. Yup, time to keep an eye out. :wink: A good one will turn up sooner or later (for more than the price of the helmet!).

:D Ron

A great comparison and rare for collectors to have a chance to actually look at kurassier helmets made by 3 different companies. I would also point out the different shape of the lobster tails shown in the 2 helmet picture. These differences once again, get us back to the lack of ultimate standardization in manufacture which was a fact during these times.

b.loree said:
A great comparison and rare for collectors to have a chance to actually look at kurassier helmets made by 3 different companies. I would also point out the different shape of the lobster tails shown in the 2 helmet picture. These differences once again, get us back to the lack of ultimate standardization in manufacture which was a fact during these times.

Exactly what I found interesting and why I wanted to print out the photos. A great comparison indeed.

:D Ron

Good Afternoon,

I wsas looking at a helmet which appeared to be identical to those above, it was brown with nicotine stains.

The inside was marked "Juncker 1915"
The initial asking price is £850.00, would anyone give some advice.

Thanks and regards,

Derek.

That's a bit expensive IMO. They average.... approx$1,000 to 1,200 US depending on completeness. I would watch for one on US Ebay, they are common and your money is worth more.

Ed, your line Kurassiers are superb!

I wonder, what (if anything) do you use to polish the shells? I have an M15 on its way to me now and it shows some light surface rust. I figure to use a rust remover solution and then coat the shell in renaissance wax to protect against further corrosion.

I don’t know about a rust removing product ,it may be too aggressive ,I use an old metal polish paste, the tube I use must be older than me ,but I think the substance hasn’t changed much.
And yes, protecting an unpainted metal surface with wax is always a good idea.

A bit or research today has it that evapo-rust is good for heavy rust and rust and blue remover is good for the light rust.

Well my M15 Kurassier arrived today (thank you Tony) and I have to say it is beautiful! No need for rust removal or polishing in my opinion. Just hold it gently and admire... :thumb up:

Ron ;
You go back to Joe Walters ?
The House of Swords
We need to meet sometime and talk .
Do you do the S O S ?

I guess that also knew Eric J. ?

I have a House of Swords story .

Steve

Glenn, I am happy you are pleased with this M15 Preußen Kürassier Lachmann. The Lachmann of all manufacturers is the most 'elegant' to my eye.

I had that M15 Kürassier Lachmann since about 1988 (?). I think (?) I obtained it at a German auction, perhaps Kube. I really cannot recall on this one. So I have had it about 28 years.

This is the best example I ever had. Enjoy it.

And Ed , wow. WHAT a photo! Best M15 Kürassier collection I have ever seen. well done. T

Nice one Glenn , you ‘d be hard pressed to find a better one ,especially with the rim still in feldgrau.

Thanks for the nice feedback Tony.

Back