M10 Feldwebel Feldrock Grenadier-Regiment König Friedrich I

LeibHusar

Please help me Gent's. I'm trying to re-enact Feldwebel of Grenadier-Regiment König Friedrich I (4. Ostpreußisches) Nr. 5 in first year of war 1914. Got few questions.
Would he wear standard infantry M10 Feldrock? Would private purchased one look different?
Would he have metal insignia on shoulder boards or sewn ones?
Which shoes would he wear MARSCHSTIEFEL M1866? or Officer style ones?
Would he carried Gewehr and bayonet? or Luger and Degen m1899?
Would be great full of any pictures of right equipment.
Best regards.
Peter

Peter,

the Feldwebel should have worn the following:

An issued Waffenrock with cloth insignia on the shoulder straps. Normal marching boots and equipped with the Pistole 08 and IOD 89. Below is a Döbrich-Steglitz illustration of a Vizefeldwebel in Field Service Dress in 1914.

Regards
Glenn

vize.jpg

An early war photograph of a Foot Guards Feldwebel. He appears to be wearing puttees in this shot.

Regards
Glenn

feldwebel.jpg

Hi Guys, Would the shoulder stap look like this? Just on feldgrau? http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/Leibhusar/3024427.jpg What color would be uniform piping? Red? Still cannot find matching Helmet Wappen. "GR Nr. 5 Officers wore special gilt bullion Litzen." does it matter in M10 uniform or just in Dunkelblau one? Thanks for any help :)
Peter

Peter,

the uniform piping was red, however, the shoulder straps were piped in yellow.

The GR 5 officers' Litzen on the Waffenrock M10 was not the same bullion type as on the blue Waffenrock but a double Litzen constructed of matt silver cloth on a yellow collar patch.

Regards
Glenn

gr5.jpg

Thank you thank you thank you :D Every day of research it's getting more complicated :eek:
Do you think any drawings or illustrations could exist? Cause I'm not sure how am I going to explain it to the tailor :cry:
Regards from rainy Danzig.

Sorry I think I made you confused...was Feldwebel entitled to Officer Litzen? Maybe this will make things easier;)
Stupid me everything got mixed up :twisted:

Thanks again :eek:
I've got last question :oops:
On Tony's site it says that XVII Armee-Korps wore yellow piping is it just piping on cuffs? Or whole? Got period photos but cannot recognize colours on them;/
Sorry for being pain in the...
Best Regards

Back