M15 Bayern - opinion

aterrasse

Dear All,

I have found this on on E-Bay and it looks (to me) quite nice.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130172664808&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:pIC&ih=003

I would love to hear your comments especially regarding the kokarden and chinstrap. Could it be one of those "bond helmet"?

Cheers

Nice 1915 bavarian helmet. Coming from Belgium it is probably not a Bond helmet. The bavarian cockade seems to be a copy. Same for the Reich cockade, unless it is a flawless original one. The chinstrap - genuine or not - was probably not original to this helmet.
Bruno

911car said:
Nice 1915 bavarian helmet. Coming from Belgium it is probably not a Bond helmet. The bavarian cockade seems to be a copy. Same for the Reich cockade, unless it is a flawless original one. The chinstrap - genuine or not - was probably not original to this helmet.
Bruno

Thanks Bruno for your comments. The cockades struck me as repro. As to the chinstrap, I do not know and your comment is very relevant.

Cheers

Alex,

Of course I'm biased but I always like to see unit markings on the helmet. If you do buy this could you please tell me what that maker's Mark says! It is really nice to see you bitten by the bug so hard!

joerookery said:
Alex,

Of course I'm biased but I always like to see unit markings on the helmet. If you do buy this could you please tell me what that maker's Mark says! It is really nice to see you bitten by the bug so hard!

Sure!

Joe, Haubes are dangerous :( I got my first one only a month ago and I have just acquired my second one!!! :cool: It is a lovely Saxon M15, complete and 100% original (with original kokarden and chisntrap). I will let you have new pics as soon as it gets in!

Cheers

Back