M15 EM Infantry helmet

weirdpyramid

Not exactly my "latest find", I have had this one for a little while but thought I would share it. It is a nice M15 infantry helmet in very good condition. Nothing too special but I like it. Very small sized helmet with tight stitching, hardly worn liner, nice grey fittings and a good depot stamp. The only thing that is questionable is the chinstrap, either it is a very very good original or a very good fake. Original chinstraps VS really good fakes always evade me a little bit, especially ones in very good condition.

img3986b.jpg

img3989lq.jpg

img3990k.jpg

img3991oc.jpg

img3992v.jpg

img3993nm.jpg

87190300.jpg

Very nice helmet! I think a lot of us started with the M15's in our collection, so we've a real soft spot for them. I can't say about the chin strap, but it looks nice and fits the helmet well.

:D Ron

Excellent helme. In my opinion...your chin strap is an excellent reproduction. The main reason for my posting this is that if you look at the strap full on ie the front, you can see how the strap is not tight to the M91 fittings. They bulge out. This is a dead give away for a repro. The originals after being on the helmet for 100 years and being stretched tight by a soldats chin are tight to the fittings and do bulge out.

Back