M15 from Lubeck.

coert65

Hello, back again with another M15.

One from Lubeck, which is quite rare to find these day's. I share with you now the photo's the seller sent me, these are not my own pictures, as the helmet is still on it's way to me. Later I will make my own photo's but wanted to show you this one.
It is correctly marked, with the regiment and bekleidungamt, the Lubeck kokarde has the maltese cross stamped in it, not painted.

Have a nice evening all! Greetings, Coert. :)

A fine one! Well marked JR162 and on the other side, if I am correct, BA- IX :wink:

Philippe
:wink:

Thanks Philippe,

And you are correct, BA-IX, as it should be for this helmet.
I just couldn't resist this helmet. :D

Excellent helme, congratulations! Very rare to have both kokarden present. :thumb up:

Thanks!

I am still looking for other M15's, but since buying 5 in 2 weeks time have to take things a little slower...
My wallet doesn't like me very much now. :wink:

Greetings, Coert. :)

Don’t forget about our kokarden section Coert, a post there of your Lubeck kokarde would be a good addition to the thread. :thumb up:

Thanks gentlemen, I am very happy to have it in my collection! :D
b.loree said:
Don’t forget about our kokarden section Coert, a post there of your Lubeck kokarde would be a good addition to the thread. :thumb up:

Brian, I will post it in the kokarden section soon, and post more pictures of the helmet itself here.
The paint on the kokarde isn't pristine, but it is an original so would indeed be interesting to see for other members.

Greetings, Coert. :)

Here are some pics of a JR162 OYV helme I owned a while back. Unfortunately, it had to be sold. These pics were originally taken in Aug 2010.
IMG_0482.JPG
IMG_0481.JPG
IMG_0479.JPG
IMG_0478.JPG
Again, you can see the raised cross on the Lubeck kokarde. Obviously, the helme is totally Prussian except for the Landeskokarde.

Thank you Sandy...unfortunately I had to sell it during my last marriage break down. It was a good piece, with some problems...dents in the spike and shell plus tears in the sweatband. However, there was no doubt to it being authentic/true. If memory serves, I traded 2 US WW1 knuckle duster ice pick trench daggers for it plus some cash :). Both were complete with scabbards and very nasty looking weapons! I also have a pic of a OYV JR 162 which I will try and find to post here.

Some pictures of my M15 IR 162 marked haube.
I just recieved the small ribbon bar to accompany my nice Lübeck M15 The other medals I bought a while ago.
I paid very little for that ribbon bar, so me is a happy guy! €10 isn't very much! :)
IR162 M15. 1.jpg
IR162 M15. 2.jpg
IR162 M15. 3.jpg
I already had the iron cross second class, I have many of those..the Lübeck Hanseatic cross too. The small ribbon bar got sent to me 2 day's ago.
I had a lucky day yesterday!

Regards, Coert.

Last edited:
Back