M15 Mecklenburg spike

It never hurts to ask and we do have a world wide membership here. Even without that spike, that is a very rare helmet. Another positive, it has it’s original Meck Kokarde :thumb up:

Brian is right, it never hurts to ask! This is %100 the right place to do so. I bid you good luck on your journey to complete this rare pickelhelm !

When it comes to parts, patience and persistence is a must, I have had many parts I thought I would never find, and with constant searching and some good collector friends have found many of them.

Good luck searching!

James

Actually, funny story....I was actively looking for an East Asian Spike for the last 3 years...you know, the one with no holes on the base and a threaded rod down the center (pretty much impossible to find!). I thought I would never see one...but one came up on Ebay Germany. I communicated with the guy to see if he would ship to Canada.....but the time he got back to me in about less than an hour it was sold :(

But I learned that if you are patient you will eventually find what you are looking for !

Wishing you the best of luck. Make sure you get a genuine Mecklemburg spike, and not a bavarian one for instance.

L1030181.JPG
L1030206.JPG

Pontiac9999 said:
...but one came up on Ebay Germany. I communicated with the guy to see if he would ship to Canada.....but the time he got back to me in about less than an hour it was sold :(
Always willing to help in such a case!
No need to wait, it can always be send to me, and I send it to you.
It will cost you the extra charge to have it get to me, but no time wasted.

I was offered a Prussian M15 Dragoner recently unfortunately, missing the spike top and crown off the wappen. Twenty plus years ago, I did find an M15 wappen to complete a JzP helme. However, at this stage in life, I am not willing to take on another quest. :)

Not that mine was spike-less, but I was glad to find one before getting the helmet!
This helmet got two spikes now. :D
And looks good with any of them, but I do like him most with the flutted one.

Thanks for the replies, might try and find a standard m15 spike for it until I’m lucky enough to uncover a fluted one! Am I right in thinking that the late production m15 helmets had the standard spikes on instead of fluted because they were easier to manufacture?

I know we ll want our helmets to be complete. But, when it comes to the M'15 ones I've viewed a missing spike as; "that's how they were worn in the field".

Jake
I concur with aicusv, your meck is quite presentable and displayable in its current condition.
John

Back