M15 shako

USN

Good evening gentlemen,

I recently received a shako that my parents found for me up in MN, it had loose visors and needed a little work but I think it's turned out quite well, the liner is in immaculate shape and still very pliable so this was definitely a piece that was manufactured and then never issued out or saw the light of day until it was shipped home as a war bond prize, there is no manufacturer stamp or depot mark anywhere to be found either.

Comments and opinions are welcome as always,
USN

20240114_014713.jpg

20240114_014721.jpg20240114_014718.jpg

I also forgot to mention that the chinstrap was acquired through Amy and I think it accompanies the helmet well, when I get some more time I intend on doing some more detailed repair work to the strap.

Nice find, what part of Minnesota are your parents from, or were they just visiting? That is where I am!!!

James

Reactions: USN
U lucky boy to have parents finding helmets for you. The chinstrap needs a bit of work but it really looks like it belongs to the helmet.

U lucky boy to have parents finding helmets for you. The chinstrap needs a bit of work but it really looks like it belongs to the helmet.
Luckily my dad is also a collector, he is the one that helped me get started so he's always on the lookout for cool stuff.

I need to ask, where did you find that Helmet Stand? Or did you make/have it made? I like it very much. Also, congrats on a nice Shako.

Skipper greenwade makes these, they are very nice products for a fair price. I would highly suggest googling his name and his website will pop up.
Yap he does it as a hobby and maintain a very fair price. He has a website

Good evening gentlemen,

I recently received a shako that my parents found for me up in MN, it had loose visors and needed a little work but I think it's turned out quite well, the liner is in immaculate shape and still very pliable so this was definitely a piece that was manufactured and then never issued out or saw the light of day until it was shipped home as a war bond prize, there is no manufacturer stamp or depot mark anywhere to be found either.

Comments and opinions are welcome as always,
USN

View attachment 41171

View attachment 41173View attachment 41172
Very nice shako well done. Do you happen to have a picture of the liner?, would love to see it.

Kind regards Patrik

Back