M15 spike

Meinnit

Hi all. I've just found and joined this forum.
I've had this Pickelhaube in my possession for some time and I've decided to "restore" it. I have sourced everything I need apart from the spike. I'm wondering if anyone can help me there??
Thanks in advance
Screenshot_20211118-121652.png

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, I don’t have the M15 spike top that you need. I would advise though, that if possible you buy one that closely matches the colour of the other fittings. These do come up for sale, you should be able to find one.

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, I don’t have the M15 spike top that you need. I would advise though, that if possible you buy one that closely matches the colour of the other fittings. These do come up for sale, you should be able to find one.

Hi b.loree. thankyou for your reply. I've been searching eBay nearly every day for weeks and not found any. I've also checked several Pickelhaube "spares" sites but still no joy.
I've found plenty of nondetachable spikes, but no detachables. I thought because they are detachable there would be plenty floating around minus the helmet. How wrong I was!

True M but trust me, they do come up for sale, you just have to be patient. Many of us here have waited decades before finding a particular part to complete a helmet. It’s all part of this game. Smart for you to make a post here, as I for one will now be on the lookout. 😊

True M but trust me, they do come up for sale, you just have to be patient. Many of us here have waited decades before finding a particular part to complete a helmet. It’s all part of this game. Smart for you to make a post here, as I for one will now be on the lookout. 😊
B.loree. thanks for the reply.
And thanks for keeping an eye out, much appreciated 😉

I check the French ,German and US ebay every day.
There was a lose spike that came up last week on the French site.
They sell for around $125

I check the French ,German and US ebay every day.
There was a lose spike that came up last week on the French site.
They sell for around $125
Thankyou for the response Pickelhauben. I also regularly check those eBay's, but I missed the spike! There is a Polish site that does good quality reproduction parts for Pickelhaubes, spikehelmets.pl but it seems the one I want is the only one they don't do, which is handy. I'd prefer a genuine original spike but a reproduction would do until one comes along. But it seems it's just as hard to find a reproduction!

There’s one on the French eBay at the moment for 116€. The item number is 275027576354, not sure the colour will match though

Garlanj thankyou for that!! I just bought it!
Colours not right, looks like it's been painted green but I can sort that.
I've been searching for about 8 -10 weeks now, and within 36 hours of joining this forum I've got one!
Thanks again garlanj 👍

Yes, the problem with buying original M15 parts is trying to get a close colour match. The other problem with spike tops is that one size does not fit all.

There’s one on the French eBay at the moment for 116€. The item number is 275027576354, not sure the colour will match though
Hi garlanj. I bought the spike you notified me of on the 19th. Today I get a message from the seller telling me he's cancelled to order because it'll cost to much to send and he I might say I never received it!
So I am now looking again, so if you should see or hear of one I'd be grateful if you'd let me know.
There was another one someone on here informed me of but that was sold yesterday! Sods law!!

Last edited:
I had the same thing trying to buy something from France on eBay. Seller cancelled as shipping was going to cost 36 Euros on a 30 or so Euro order for a small item.

The package costs from Europe to the US and Canada are unfortunately very high, I know from experience.
But the big problem lies with Paypal.
This form of payment has been used for years as payment to and from Europe, US and Canada and is used a lot on Ebay.

Paypal has adjusted the agreement with sellers, which means that the seller has now to wait for his money (this is what Paypal holds) until the item is actually delivered with the customer.
This means that Paypal no longer runs any risk, but the seller does so much more.
Add to that the US restrictions at Customs that now have the right ( due Covid-19 and terrorist threat to detain packages for three months or even longer before they are cleared.

In short, the seller often has to wait six months for payment from the "the Lords of Paypal" ... and I speak from experience.

That is why many European sellers cancel orders to US & Canada in advance.

Thanks for the added information 2L, no surprise that once again the PayPal pirates are ripping people off. We Canadians are forced to convert US$ to Canadian $ when transferring money even if like myself, you have a US$ account. This forces us to pay conversion fees.

Back