M15 Ueberzug Inf. Regt. #99

Stahlhelm

This helmet cover arrived on my doorstep Christmas Eve. It's marked to the 2. Oberrheinsiches Inf. Regt. #99. The cover is otherwise unmarked.
Hans

101_0435.jpg

101_0434-copy.jpg

101_0433-copy.jpg

101_0436-copy.jpg

The detachable spike is longer than usually seen on EM covers, but the colour and cloth match the cover pretty much exactly.

101_0443-copy.jpg

101_0456-copy.jpg

101_0462-copy.jpg

An excellent example!! Congrats. You are very lucky to have the detachable spike top as most have been lost. Green numbers obviously add to value. One of the uberzugs that I have for example, is exactly like yours minus numbers and spike top. We have a thread devoted to uberzugs and I would appreciate it if you could move this posting to that thread. We need all the examples that we can get. Brian

A very fine Uberzug Hans with a nice an top condition as well.

Your item has triggered in me some interest for that piece of equipment. Most of the Uberzugen I have seen posted on this Forum are for infantry and artillery helmets. Would anyone have one (perhaps regiment marked) for a Ulan helmet?

Sweet M15 uberzug, a fine example. From the photo, the spike appears less faded, probably from being removed with the spike after Sept. '15.

Great item, congradulations!

Geo

Very nice example! The numbers the detactable cover all the best rolled into one cover. It don't get much better!!! :D :D Jerry

Thank you all very much for your replies. I was hoping you'd like it. It's the first wartime cover in my collection - the other two have the red maneuver band attached.

The cover looks like it's seen a relatively small amount of wear, or for all I know, it could just be accumulated grime from decades of display. The cloth spike shows no wear, and matches the colour and condition of the cover's reverse side.

I've had a good look at your Ueberzug a number of times Brian, wishing it were mine :) . I'll post pics of this one on the Uberzug thread you started for comparison.

Hans

Back