M1910 Krätzchen from a reserve Regiment.

coert65

Hello,this is my Krätzchen,it's marked BA1,but has a reserve regiment kokarde on it,I thought BA1 means it's Bavarian,and so should have a Bavarian kokarde? Any opinions on this? And is M.Roos the maker or not? It has some little moth holes on the top,as you can see in one of the pictures,the liner shows through it,but they are small. By the way,I bought it from a dealer who aquired it at the SOS show about 4 years ago. Thanks for your input on this,Coert.
View attachment 4
View attachment 3
View attachment 2
View attachment 1

coert65 said:
Hello,this is my Krätzchen,it's marked BA1,but has a reserve regiment kokarde on it,I thought BA1 means it's Bavarian,and so should have a Bavarian kokarde? Any opinions on this?

North German Confederation had a I Armee Korps as well. Check Joe's site, I think he has where the BA was located. Brandenburg I think, but he can tell you.

Thanks Tony,I will check Joe's site.The serrated ring behind the reservist kokarde is made of cardboard,while the little ring and iron cross is made of metal. :thumb up:

Looks like an officer's reservist cockade to me. Personally, I'd switch it out for either a Prussian or a Bavarian metal enlisted sew-on cockade. Just my two cents.

Chip

Back