M1915 Officer's Line Infantry Regiment

Inspired by Tony's example I have recently acquired my owm example. As often I overpaid (of course !) but whilst not perfect my example shows some clear results of the wartime restrictions.

379351750_041a42788d_o.jpg
(alt+p)

Overall I would guess this example is only 1/3 of the weight of a comparable pre-war haube. The leather is extremley thin, the wappen is also almost paper-thin and both the wappen and the stars are retained by split brads rather than the more traditional screw and nut fitting.

The thiness of the leather is a major contribution to the damage it has incurred... :( Whilst a perfect example would have been nice I like this specimen as it reflects the rigours of it period of manufacture....

Still the giding is all but perfect :)

Ian.
379351754_15a1ee8c6b_o.jpg

I will try and also post the "before" pictures i.e. before it was lightly cleaned to remove the mould that it has acquired over the years...should get certain members of thw WA Forum very excited :lol:

istanbulian said:
....it was lightly cleaned to remove the mould that it has acquired over the years...should get certain members of thw WA Forum very excited :lol:
That WA debate on conservation was certainly memorable, and clearly a harvest of sour grapes and rotten apples.

I think your Preußen Modell 1915 is great, and I'm also quite impressed by the before and after. Will the spike accept a Trichter?

Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Chas.

...Yes the spike not only comes off via it's bayonet fitting but also the top of the spike unscrews to accept a trichter.

Fortunately, the damage is in the back. You did a stellar job of cleaning the dust and grime off it. Well done! :thumbleft: Looks almost identical to my example, which is also leather.

Back