M26 French Adrian Helmet

lewis gunn

http://lewisgunn.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album01&id=dscf0240_001
greetings from a newly joined member, hoping this post will not dilute the gene pool of the site title too much, herewith, hopefully, a pic of two helmet shells that have been sat in the garage a while now.
the shell on the right is asymmetrical with regard to the front and rear peaks whilst the shell on the left is not, the peak and neck sections being wider. the rear part of the crown comb also differs between the two, the end of the comb on the left shell has a rounded/blunt end secured by the rivet, the shell on the right has a pointed/bullet end. the rivets also differ between the two, rivets on the left shell are flat, rivets on the right are domed. the flat headed rivets have longer bifurcations, the right hand shell has an inkstamp NICROMAC . both do not have badge plates, so no clues there. ergo, does the shape indicate manufacturer variation or country variation or timeline or..........................any info. will be greatly appreciated, thanks chaps, Lewis

:) HAVING RECOMMENDED THIS SITE TO MY GOOD FRIEND LEWIS GUNN :) , IM SURPRISED :eek: NO ONE HAS ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS BY NOW ? :( ......ANY SCHIFFERGRAU'S OUT THERE ? :???: .....
STEVE LEE :D .

Hey Oradour and Lewis Gunn,
I missed this post, until now, but I am still of no help as I do not know much about these newer designs:)
My thought would be different manufacturers rathen than a design change, but that means that it is probably a design change because I am usually wrong.
Best wihses
Gus

Back