M95 Dragoon Haube

seagull

Looking for a brass/gilt wappen and rear spine with external studs for my EM M95 line Dragoner.
Cheers,
Steve
EDIT: It seems I am shooting for the Moon with this one .Spent weeks trawling the internet and never seen either item. Is the Prussian upswept wing Dragoner wappen and external stud rear spine a bit like finding Bigfoot?

Last edited:
In the early days of my collecting there were advanced collectors who had lots of spare parts .
You could usually find what you were looking for .Now I think that all of those old timer
collectors are gone .There are now collectors who have collections of front plates and
do not want to sell them as they could not replace the example .Tony S. has a great collection of
helmet front plates . IMO enlisted Dragoon helmets are hard to find period !
Steve

Yes Steve, a lot of old collections have gone the way of the World, including their 'spares' boxes, and I certainly get that wappen collector's have thinned the herd.
Definitely easier to collect Dragoner officers than to find EM helms , but you play the cards you are dealt, and my helmet restoration project is EM !. I'll keep on looking however long it takes- because I just have to!
Best, Steve.

I hope that you do find the plate .Have you tried Weitze ? He deals in a lot of material .It never hurts to ask .
Just because it is not listed don't mean that he might not have one .If you know any of people who work for him
I would try one of them .I deal direct with a super nice fellow there named Jan Muller .If you don't know him
I can send you his email via a P M
What about Fisher over there ?
I have given up looking at their site
Not much new listed
Steve

Thanks Steve, I do look in on Weitze sometimes - mainly to marvel at what I can't afford - and will keep on doing so, just in case,..
Best,
Steve

I have known Peter for a while and he is brilliant - just doesn't seem to have what I need for this helmet. Even so, I check his site just about every day in case he finds something he forgot he had!
Edit: just remembered, I will post a 'general discussion' question about the rear spine - I have never, EVER, seen one for sale.

Reactions: USN
Back