M95 Filz Helm

Adler

Here's one of the most common felt pickelhauben; it's a M95 Prussian without metal trim on the visors. A while ago , I realised I didn't have this model in my collection, so I couldn't resist when this puppy was offered to me. The chinstrap doesn't look that great, but it's original. What appealed to me the most was the paper maker's label. Usually they are gone or torn, but this one is in great condition.

Anyway, I'm very happy with it and hope you also enjoy the pictures...

Adler

View attachment 3

View attachment 2

View attachment 1

thats a great one karel👍,i have the same model in my collection also with the same paper label in it the only diffrence i have is that mine has a reservist plate on it instead of the standard plate

Excellent example in great condition! Congrats Karel. Do we have that maker in our label archive?

Thanks for your comments guys!
Brian, I don't know, but you are free tu use the pictures.

Adler

Very nice Karel! It doesn't matter how 'common' the piece is. If you don't have it yet, then it's time to look for an example. For me, it was the 'common' Prussian Infantry Officer Pickelhaube. You helped me decide on the one I bought!

:D Ron

poniatowski said:
// It doesn't matter how 'common' the piece is. If you don't have it yet, then it's time to look for an example. //

Exactly. Like Karel, I would absolutely prefer the common in uncommon condition,rather than a rare helmet that is trash.

Beautiful "common" helmet Karel as always. Nicely done.

Back