M95 Oldenburg Feldartillerie Pickelhaube

Adler

Last year I showed my Oldenburg Dragoner Regt. Nr. 19... I never tought I would find one of these rare helmets again. But guess what... Here’s one of it's brothers for your review. It’s a Model 1895 Officer’s Pickelhaube for Oldenburg FAR 62 (Ostfriesisches Feld-Artillerie-Regt. Nr.62 (Oldenburg-Osnabrück) X Armee Korps).
Oldenburg was a part of the German empire and because it was rather small, they had no army of their own.
The Oldenburgisches Infanterie Regiment Nr. 91, the Oldenburgisches Dragoner Regt Nr. 19 and the Ostfriesisches Feld-Artillerie-Regt. Nr. 62 were engaged on the western and the eastern front as well.

Adler 1

Karel,

Arrggh, :thumb up:
Great Kugelhaube !
( :-? -I love the smell of gunsmoke in the morning...)

Joe,
Special pic !
Thank you.
Rgds,
Francis

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Another gem ! love the “hochgewölbten” starburst ,that is not so often seen on these Oldenburg helmets.
And again in pristine condition , congrats !!! =D> =D>

joerookery said:
Extremely nice! Could have belonged to this guy. Notice the chin scale covering.

ps3172 by joerookery, on Flickr

=D> =D> =D> Just Super!! Even if it wasn't this fellow's helmet, they probably knew each other. The FA in the US is a pretty tight knit group, I'd imagine it was even more so in Oldenburg.

:D Ron

OMG Karel, what a beautiful helmet and in such a condition!!! I am feeling weak...GREAT!!!
This hochgewölbter Wappen is the HIT!!! Wow!!! =D> =D> =D>

Here is a pict of mine, OJR91 officer helmet, near yours, the Mont-Blanc near the Mount Everest :D

weirdpyramid said:
What is the consensus with the Oldenburg officer wappens behind the star, will you or should you find a FR or not?

Is the eagle with the” KOENIG” banner not always with FR ?

Back