M95 Prussian vulcanfiber with rivets

Adler

The process:

Very long ago: encountered the existance of this type of pickelhaube
Very long ago + a few seconds: the urge to have one of these came up
Very long ago + 15 seconds: decided to buy one if it shows up
Years and years: the search, the hunt, going to shows, searching the internet, ....
A few months ago: the thrill of seeing the helmet on a friend's table at a show, finding out it's a reasonable price, the purchase, driving home with a big smile on my face, giving the helmet a good place with his new friends and finally putting the check mark on my list...

Happy dance allowed by Misses...

Adler

Nice find! You never see these. Congratulations on a rare and wonderful piece!

John :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Very long ago: encountered the existance of this type of pickelhaube
Very long ago + a few seconds: the urge to have one of these came up
Very long ago + 15 seconds: decided to buy one if it shows up
Years and years: the search, the hunt, going to shows, searching the internet, ....
A few months ago: the thrill of seeing the helmet on a friend's table at a show, finding out it's a reasonable price, the purchase, driving home with a big smile on my face, giving the helmet a good place with his new friends and finally putting the check mark on my list...

And a few months later, you agree to sell it me... Okay?..

How are the rivets finished on the inside ?

This is a new one on me .

I have one war time with fiber visors and leather dome . But the visors are sewn on.

Super rare bird, here are some pics of mine with Depaheg Patent stamp!! I believe Alan S. has one with same Depaheg stamp

James

Nicely done Karel. Very difficult to find. I sold my example a year or so back as part of my thinning out.

I changed the title of your post from "Russian" to "Prussian" for you. :wink:

Thank you all for your nice comments!

Did I really write "Russian" Tony? I guess my friend Jack must have something to do with that... Thanks for changing it!

James , if one looks closely, there are signs of that stamp in my liner too, but it's almost impossible to get that on picture because it's very faint...

Bruno, I can understand what you mean... but naahhhh :-"

How are the rivets finished on the inside ?
Well, they are just rivetted... sorry I didn't take a picture of that...

Adler

Very very nice! I would be happy dancing after buying that too. Great helmets both!

Thats one you dont find every day took me several years to find one that could haed up with the standart of condition i want them to be
This is a nice one karel you got a nice one in hands

Jonas

Back