M95 Saxe Cobourg Gotha

Jupiter66

Good morning

I share with you my favorite regiment: Thüringisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr.95....

I thus urge you through this column(section) to exchange and to share about the rooms(parts,plays) of the I.R 95

The photos of your rooms(parts,plays) are expected to put in honor of this regiment

It will allow to establish(constitute) an interesting database and a good study for every amateur or expert.

I inaugurate the series of photos with the this whole IR95

Very nice! :bravo:

Can I copy your picture of the mark and put it on this list? http://pickelhauben.net/articles/Kammer_Marks.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is far better than the picture that we have. On the right-hand side it seems as though this helmet was reissued to a reserve infantry Regiment but I cannot see the number. Can you? Sometimes if you just wet the end of your finger and rub it across the mark it will jump out at you. Sometimes not.

ps743 by joerookery, on Flickr

ps732 by joerookery, on Flickr

ps78 by joerookery, on Flickr

ps731 by joerookery, on Flickr

ps669 by joerookery, on Flickr

Not JR 95 but the exact same helmet.

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

Excellent IR 95 grouping! Since you like IR95 so much, here is a picture of a few haubes I have...

Adler

PS Did you know that the first Belgian King Leopold I (in 1830) came from Sachsen Coburg Gotha?

Excellent helmets, fotos and shoulder straps. I will post a pic of my JR95 OR's helme soon.

Hello
Thank you for your comments and you photos.

It makes me happy to see other headsets IR95...

Joe, there is no problem and I authorize you to take my photos for the table. It is with pleasure that I contribute to your post... :thumb up:

a photo of a group of IR95

For Alder...: Why I love this regiment? This is its great European monarchical history:

It all starts with Victoria of Anglettere, daughter of Marie-Louise-Victoria of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld, who married his cousin: prince Albert of Saxe - Cobourg - Gotha on 10 February 1840.

Victoria was the last sovereign of the House of Hanover which reigned over the British Isles and their dependencies since 1714, while the electorate of Hanover was passed to another branch of the House of Hanover because different inheritance law. After his death, the British Crown passed to the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (British name of the House of Wettin) represented by his son Édouard VII and her grandson George V. The latter, under pressure from public opinion, changed his name considered too German in world war I period, in Windsor (1917). This House was extended by his son Edouard VII, his grandson Georges V, his great-grandsons Édouard VIII and Georges VI and its great, the current Queen Élisabeth II.

In 2004, the European monarchs and former monarchs descended from Victoria are: Queen Élisabeth II of the United Kingdom and King Harald V of Norway, King Charles XVI Gustave of Sweden, Queen Marguerite II of Denmark, King Juan-Carlos I of Spain, King Constantine II of the Hellenes (deposed) and the Ier Michel King of Romania (deposed). The pretenders to the thrones of France, of Serbia, of Russia, of Prussia and of Germany, of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, of Hanover, from Hesse and Baden are also descendants.

A small photo of the Duke of saxe Coburg during the conflict

Excellent fotos and information Jupiter! Few people know of the close connection between the German and British noble families.

As promised, my JR 95.
IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

The markings on the rear visor: IR 95, IVB, 14C, 56, 1888,1893 1 This translates to Infantry Regt 95, 4th Battalion, 14th Company, size 56cm, date of acceptance 1888. Condition 1. I believe that the 1893 represents the year in which this piece was retro fitted with M91 side posts. Even before WW1 this piece was already 26 yrs old. It is in remarkable condition. The rear spine has no slider vent. Note also, the high profile characteristic of these pre 1895 helmets.

Back