Macabre Presentation Skull

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
Posting these photos of member Fraser's latest find. Dated 1894 Husaren related, with many inscribed names of German nobility serving in the Imperial Army.
20201216_090209-L.jpg

Is this a cup or ash tray??
20201216_090232-XL.jpg

20201216_090254-XL.jpg

20201216_090329-L.jpg

20201216_090500-L.jpg

Hopefully our forum can provide Fraser with more information.

Hi, thanks for posting Brian, I purchased the item from the son of a US veteran in WA, he thought it was 3rd Reich related. Its 800 silver made by E.Siebrecht.
Presented to Major Von Hirschfeld by the Officer Corps Braunschweig Hussar Rgt nr 17 on the 16.6.1894 on his retirement.
Names engraved
Maj u.d Marwitz v Koppy...V Graf v pfeilu Klein ellguth v arnim...Oberst lieut V wallenberg....sc lieut v rohlen V halbach...fr lieut Cramer v clausbruch....fr lieut treschkow v bosse...Walther weisbeck schalscha v ehrenfeld
Sc lieut v sobbe graf schwerin...fr lieut frhr v recum...sc lieut v geldern crispendorf...sc lieut heyne v treutler...sc lieut v lucius frhr v bernewitz graf v schlieffen
Some names are hard to read due to tarnish..
And slight damage to first letters of v graf v pfeilu name
Thanks
Fraser

That is a great piece of history (especially the connection to an elite regiment), and very fine craftsmanship. What does the inside of the skull look like? How deep does the hollow go? :bravo: :bravo:

Happy new year members..

If anyone has information on names on skull piece
I'd be extremely grateful
Prost
Fraser

It is definitely a unique item. :? I wonder if it was a drinking cup which new officers were required to drink grog or some foul mixture :cry: out of during the regimental dining-in? :wink:

Thanks for comments
Could anyone hazzard a guess on potential value please ??
NFS..just curious
Happy New year

Is there a makers-marking? Maybe under the skull?
Maybe it is possible to see a detailed foto of it.

Last edited:
Back