Making Posts

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
A simple question to fellow members...I am experiencing an intermittent problem here when making a post. Sometimes, when I make a post and hit "Submit" the program freezes and does not tell me I have posted successfully. I then have to go into a new window, go on the site and check for the post. It is always there. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I had our IT guy look into it but he could find nothing, perhaps it is a problem on my lap top?

Thanks Pontiac. Other members please follow up on this and let me know, I will contact our IT guy again. He tried to go in last week and duplicate the problem but with no result. Its good to know that it is not just happening on my computer.

Brian

I have had the same problem. It appears that nothing happens when I hit 'submit', so I do it again and then get a screen telling me something along the lines that this second 'submission' is a duplicate post and I should review it. Each time this has happened the first post is always on the thread.

Thought it was my incompetence!

Patrick

Ok, thanks everyone, that is what I need. It doesn't happen every time but you are lucky to get 2 normal posts in a row. I will contact IT right now.

Yup. I get microsoft's rotating blue circle of death. Still, it hasn't failed to make the post!

Latest reply from our IT guy:

I made 15 posts in a row in the moderator area without issue.

Could you please ask them what browser they were using, if they were trying to post images, if it only happens when bbcode is used etc.

It would be helpful if it's possible to establish a pattern.

I took the whole server offline to do a database check which came up clean.

All the server logs and statistics are healthy.

Thanks James. It happens both with just text and with text and pictures..... correct??

Back