Manchester Regiment officer's bluecloth helmet-exchange?

chinstrap

This may be of interest to those of you who don't just collect pickelhaubes.

I have a Manchester Regt officer's Bluecloth helmet ( King's Crown) in very good condition, which I'd be willing to put into an exchange or part-exchange deal for other types of British Victorian or Edwardian officer's headgear . Looking in particular for a visor type forage cap, an 1869 pattern line regt shako , or a Volunteer RA bluecloth. Must be in very good condition. Also willing to consider any other type of officer's headgear of that era.

The body of the helmet is in perfect condition, and the gilt is still present, being particularly bright still to the plate and rosettes. Still has the velvet backed chin chain and perfect sweat band and silk liner. See photos.There are three neat small slits showing that another plate has been worn, but this is consistent with a Queen Victoria Crown plate being worn previously. The reason I'm prepared to let this go is that I have a QVC Manchester's, and I thought I might find one of the things I'm looking for through an exchange, rather than looking to buy.

009.jpg

006-1.jpg

Please pm me if interested.

Patrick

Hi ,
Thanks, but I've changed direction since posting . Unexpectedly I was able to buy a really good QVC Royal West Kent plate with gilt which matched the fittings on my Manchester helmet and loops which fitted the existing holes. As a result , I've now got a 'new' helmet, and the Manchester plate is for sale on ebay..

I don't know why I think this, but are you CR from near Dundee? I've probably got this totally wrong and you're somewhere in the Mid-West of the USA!

Patrick

yes Dundee. Too bad, we may have made a clean swap. I'm not up for placing plates on helmets where they didn't belong.

Back