March out the misinformed

I hate to see messes like this. I wonder why that rear crosspiece wont fit flush? It should be interesting to see what it fetches and who is prepared to shell out.

Hmm, yet another parts helmet. I'd purchase the thing just for the M91 chinstrap, to replace the repro on my M95. Well, not really, but I could
use an original.
Mikey, I'm tempted to break my own rule, go to the Rittmeister site & check-out one of his originals, unless someone has one to sell, which is
unlikely.

I wonder why that rear crosspiece wont fit flush?
Hey Mikey, that is an easy one to answer, the cruciform spike base is an up grad to the common disc base, the holes are visable in the photo of the interior.
Gus

It could have something to do with the vent shutter on the EM spine underneath it getting in the way as well, Gus. I have to say it's the first time I've seen this done - the foot of the cruciform base wellied over a shutter. What type of cretin has to do this to a piece of history just to make some easy money?

I wondered about the 'Meister's straps too. They look a bit 'fried' in his photo's and I'd be worried about them maybe being 'Koch' dealie's. But if they'e good the price could be reasonable. I have need of a couple myself.

What type of cretin has to do this to a piece of history just to make some easy money?
Yes Mikey, this was a nice Haube before it was dicked with, but I am sure that the current seller did not have anything to do with the "upgrade"
Gus

Sorry Gus, I wasent neccessarily bollocking the seller, just the dicker.
I did not think you were, but I wanted to make sure noone thought I was either. On the gun boards forum, when some one finds a firearm that has been mucked up they refer to it as being "bubba'd" People with the "Dukes of Hazzard"mentality like to imporve things, often makeing them worth a fraction of what they were worth before the improvements, and 99% of the time there is no way back.
Gus

Back