MAX 2006

I havent been to the MAX show since the first two were held in St Louis for that same reason. 85-85? I'm going to give this Indianapolis show a go. :) Jerry

Hey Jerry,
Take a camera and take photos (Otto needs photos) and give us a report onthe show.
Gus

Went to the first Max in St. Louis . All of them in Baltimore. Went to the first Max show in Charlotte, but didn't go back for the 2nd even though it was only a few hours from here. I'm saving up for the SOS. Corky

I'm on the fence. The last MAX I went to was in Pittsburgh in 2003, and the stuff I picked up was from dealers I see at the low NJ show.

Tom Wittmann's attitude about Nazi stuff just bugs me. I get the feeling that Tom Johnson also thinks anything without a swastika is "flea market junk." I heard through the grapevine that the Tom's think MAX is the "serious" show and SOS is the show with said "flea market junk." :evil:

Hi guys yes I will report on the show. And maybe post pictures if my childred will assist me in the posting process. I got to take a class or go back to school hire someone or ? Jerry

Hi Jerry:
Margo can help with posting pics or I will. It is really quite simple...if I can do it anyone can! I went to 2 MAXs when it was in Baltimore. That was a 13 hr drive from here. I also went to 2 in Pittsburgh which was a 6-7hr drive. My problem with shows is that I can not compete with fellow collectors who set up as dealers and get in on the dealer early admittance. I am not crying sour grapes as I would do the same if I could! Both Margo and I had a fantastic time with the Haube Heads at the SOS.
Brian

Well the show is the end of next month already. Looking forward to meeting any of you fellows there. My tables are held under the name of my friend Gary Jarva. So look me up I will have some interesting haubs for sale. ( Sorry no preshow sales) Jerry

Wish I could be there, but it is the opening of Duck season, tradition means I go hunting instead!

James

Jerry Rehr said:
Well the show is the end of next month already. Looking forward to meeting any of you fellows there. My tables are held under the name of my friend Gary Jarva. So look me up I will have some interesting haubs for sale. ( Sorry no preshow sales) Jerry

Jerry,

I don't understand the "sorry no preshow sales" comment......... I would think that it would be in your best interest to sell stuff BEFORE the show.. hence no problems with traveling with them and packing un-packing.... Cash is cash no matter where it comes from.

Also.. it would give those who are NOT going a chance to pick up a spike or two.

Cheers
Mark

The initial feedback I have gotten is that there is nothing at the show for the imperial collector. That is an initial report, only.

Back