May we include epaulettes with the shoulder straps ?

KAGGR#1

I Like the Dragoon regiments ,I have all of the 28 Dragoon regiments in officers shoulder straps .
I am looking for pairs or singles of epaulettes for regiments that I don't have .
I was just able to buy a pair of Dragoon Regt . 12 Rittmeister .My reference books refer to the color for
D R 12 as crimson red .In person the color more reminds me of a deep or Royal purple in a velvet fabric
Most beautiful to my eye .
SteveD R 12 F.jpg
D R 12 B.png

Dragoon Regt. 15 Another different shade of red .Rose red cloth .
I see some shoulder straps from regiments with this color
and they have underlay that looks almost like pink to me.
SteveD R 15.JPG

Very, very nice Steve! I totally agree, these pieces are “beautiful eye candy”. 👍

Thanks T for doing that. Steve, always great to see more pieces from your fabulous collection!

Intriguing color for Regiment 12. The closest I come to show the difference is page (tafel) 80 in the Knötel/Pietsch book "Uniformenkunde, Das Deutsche Heer, Freidensuniformen bee Ausbruch des Weltkrieges", where it shows for Dragoner Rgt. 11 the officer's epaulette a darker more purple red than the enlisted version . Unfortunately, the same page only shows an NCO tunic for Rgt. 12 with the "crimson red" like Rgt. 11. I have the WWI regimental history for Rgt. 11 and the book's spine is in that same darker red color.

Back