Mecklenburg Dragoon Regt 18

This just arrived yesterday Friday Jan 19
with all the snow the UPS driver did NOT even try to come up the driveway
He parked on the road and walked the package up to the house .
Sent on approval
I think that I like it
Mecklenburg D R 18
nice Kammer issue markings
and the super rare silver rounded hook-on scale chin straps
SteveView attachment 41509View attachment 41510View attachment 41511
Wonderful and rare bird. This is a killer piece in any collection.
Zeb

One day...I would love to find me one of these. ...
Halen: Belgium. "The day after". The day after the "Battle of the Silver Helmets". [12th August 1914]. That August the 13th 1914: two soldiers of the 7th Line Infantry Regiment visited the battlefield... the man at the left had a Kodak camera. Jean Pecher. Dog cart Maxim Machinegun crewmember. The unit did not come in action in this fight. Here pictured wearing trophy Großherzoglich- Mecklenburg Dragoner Hauben. He decided he would not photograph the corpses of the fallen. He took pictures of the death horses. He wrote in his diary: we went to the village square. The Churchtown was damaged. We heard riflefire in the distance. The enemy must be still around. They quickly decided to return to the Diest town. About 8 miles from Halen.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1667509750991 (1).jpg
    FB_IMG_1667509750991 (1).jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
One day...I would love to find me one of these. ...
Halen: Belgium. "The day after". The day after the "Battle of the Silver Helmets". [12th August 1914]. That August the 13th 1914: two soldiers of the 7th Line Infantry Regiment visited the battlefield... the man at the left had a Kodak camera. Jean Pecher. Dog cart Maxim Machinegun crewmember. The unit did not come in action in this fight. Here pictured wearing trophy Großherzoglich- Mecklenburg Dragoner Hauben. He decided he would not photograph the corpses of the fallen. He took pictures of the death horses. He wrote in his diary: we went to the village square. The Churchtown was damaged. We heard riflefire in the distance. The enemy must be still around. They quickly decided to return to the Diest town. About 8 miles from Halen.
Great photo,...and provenance, Francis !!!

Back