Mecklenburg Medical officer Schirmmütze

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
Scarce Mecklenburg Medical officer's Schirmmütze. Dark blue doe-skin wool top and band. Red piping with officer's Mecklenburg and Reich's Kokarde on correct Imperial pattern flat fibre backing. The exterior is near perfect and superbI see one very small small insect nibble the size of a pencil tip on the left underside near the piping. On the bottom right edge (above the right ear as worn) there is a 8mm nibble to the wool. Piping also perfect, no damage. Very nice original Mecklenburg and Reich's officer's Kokarden retain most of the silver and gilt wash. Black Vulcanfibre visor is near perfect showing only that nice overall age crackling. The sweat band is light brown leather showing wear. This was almost certainlly a theatre or costume house cap as there are what appears to be four cuts to the leather lining to make it fit a larger head. These have had a strip of cloth glued to the back to keep them together. I never did as it didn't bother me as the cap displays so nice, but a stitch in each if you wished would keep them together. There is also signs where something had been stuck to the liner to make it fit a smaller head. So no doubt this cap survived thanks to a theatre or costume house. Underside of the visor shows almost no wear just a small 5mm chip to the Vulcanfibre. Orange artificial silk lining shows just slight sweat ageing from hair, no damage with owner's initials F.R. written in ink at the back.

It is a beautiful and quite scarce Officer's Schirmmütze. Any more photos or questions just ask. Full guarantee as to originality, a full week inspection etc etc. Priced for a quick sale at $450 USD. I would prefer a USD money order but will accept Paypal if you pay the fee. Postage will be around $35 to the US or Canada. Full-size images on my web site >> http://www.kaisersbunker.com/sales/Medical/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Medical.jpg

Back