Mecklenburgisches Jager Battalion n. 14 group.

Very nice Zeb, congratulations. I'm happy I don't collect JB 14 because I would be green with envy.
Regards,
Lars

Yes love them Zeb, just way more money than I can afford! Fantastic examples! 👍

Zebedeus,

Your M95 Tschako Wappen. Does it look like this one? Not similar, exactly like this one. Can you clearly see every pebble behind the bulls? Can you see every line under the armoured arm, cross, and Griffon? And note how perfectly detailed those are. As well as in the center; the lines and pebbles are perfect. Note the pebbling on the oak leaves and the crown backing. Every original Mecklenburg Wappen, issued or private purchase/officer, Tschako or Pickelhaube, are exactly the same. Perfect clear stampings. No muted detail whatsoever. Perfect detail. Compare this one to yours. Are they the same?

GR89_FR90_Offizier1.jpg

Last edited:
Zebedeus,

Your M95 Tschako Wappen. Does it look like this one? Not similar, exactly like this one. Can you clearly see every pebble behind the bulls? Can you see every line under the armoured arm, cross, and Griffon? And note how perfectly detailed those are. As well as in the center; the lines and pebbles are perfect. Note the pebbling on the oak leaves and the crown backing. Every original Mecklenburg Wappen, issued or private purchase/officer, Tschako or Pickelhaube, are exactly the same. Perfect clear stampings. No muted detail whatsoever. Perfect detail. Compare this one to yours. Are they the same?

Hello Tony,
Your shako wappen is superb and very finely produced. I believe your example is a pickelhaube wappen (not for shakos) for officer (privately purchased). About issued wappen for EM are known many productions that have slighly different details in the mecklenburg coat of arms. It will be interesting if other members could compare and show the wappens in their possession. Here's some example from my collection:

Mecksammlung.jpg

Dragoner Regiment 17 EM pickelhaube
Meck DR 17.jpg

Dragoner Regiment 18 EM pickelhaube
Meck DR 18 .jpg

Fusilier Regiment 90 EM pickelhaube
Meck FR90 .jpg

Grenadier Regiment 89 officer pickelhaube (fluted spike)
Meck GR 89 officere.jpg

Grenadier Regiment 89 officer pickelhaube pre 1895 (tuliped spike)
Meck GR89 offiziere old model  .jpg

Feld Artillerie Regiment 60 officer pickelhaube
Meck FAR 60 Offiziere.jpg

Back