Mecklenburgisches Jager Battalion n. 14 group.

That is astounding. The Wappens you have shown all show the same characteristics that I wrote about in posting #16. Perfect details. In your initial posting the Tschako Wappen appeared to be very poorly detailed, now I see that it is not. Must have been light reflection? Congratulations on all those helmets, I’ve never seen so many originals before. Fantastic! All those images are certainly worth saving for reference.

Zeb and Tony,
Thank you for the excellent detail on Mecklenburgisches wappen. In this day of expanding fakes/ repro wappen, this is an excellent resource of the correct style one should see when out hunting at antique malls, flea markets, militaria and gun shows, the internet, etc.
Best regards,
John

Fantastic collection, ZBD! I can see two slightly different front plate models, as I had already noticed on mine.
Looking at the symbols at the bottom of the silver center:
- Arm from the cloud in a fluff sleeve and ox tongue pointing sideways
- Arm from the cloud in a snug sleeve and ox tongue pointing straight (your GR89, FAR60, Jaeger, as well as Tony's plate)
There are probably other minor differences.

I wish you can find a 89/90 M15. I will let you know if I hear of something.

Well , I must say That shows it all in spades !
Super nice display
thank you for the post and the photos
Steve

Is nobody interested in Meck ? It's a pity.
I am as well. My great grandfather was from Anklam, like the whole side of that family. You have an awesome collection. One day, if I find a nice one, I’ll buy one as well and get the picture my Mom has in his uniform. Congrats on your collection!

I don't want to leave you all alone. But I think I've posted pictures before. In the case of the uniform of the 89th Infantry Regiment, it is the wearer in the oil painting. I had to improvise a bit with the staff officer's epaulettes. Please no criticism. Just didn't want to put them in the closet.

Attachments

• DSCN3884.JPG
    DSCN3884.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
  • DSCN3886.JPG
    DSCN3886.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 28
  • DSCN3887.JPG
    DSCN3887.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
  • DSCN3888.JPG
    DSCN3888.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 24
  • DSCN3890.JPG
    DSCN3890.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 26
Thank you for showing those wonderful JB 14 pictures.
Unfortunately I don't own any items related to the battalion myself, but can show some pictures from the Musee du Linge in Alsace which I took late last year.
Regards,
Lars

JB_14_Musee Linge_Cropped.JPG JB_14_Musee Linge_Tschako_Cropped.JPG.JPG JB_14_Musee Linge_Brotbeutel_Cropped.JPG

Thank you for showing those wonderful JB 14 pictures.
Unfortunately I don't own any items related to the battalion myself, but can show some pictures from the Musee du Linge in Alsace which I took late last year.
Regards,
Lars

View attachment 29385 View attachment 29386 View attachment 29387
Great photos
Thanks for posting them
I am not much on equipment.
It that a bread bag ?
I note that the Kammer is M.J.B. 14
great kammer and nice that they show it like that
Steve

I don't want to leave you all alone. But I think I've posted pictures before. In the case of the uniform of the 89th Infantry Regiment, it is the wearer in the oil painting. I had to improvise a bit with the staff officer's epaulettes. Please no criticism. Just didn't want to put them in the closet.
Great job. Well done Kaisersammler! Really a great group.

Back